Daily Routine: Springtime feel


We had our first warm day of 2016 all the ice from the pond was melted and for once my hands were fully functioning and not burning from the cold. We  were searching for the first crappie of 2016 but this pond has been producing bass all winter its actually hard to avoid them. Today Collin and I struggled to get a bite we gave the dropshot and the jig a good try with no luck. Since we were not catching any bass we switched over to crappie sized lures to see if they were starting to move early.  I rigged my 2 inch jig under a small cork collin opted to jig his along the bottom.  Over the course of þe day I had 4 or five take downs on the cork but I couldnt get a good hookset. Collin on the other hand landed a nice large mouth on his third cast. This turned out to be the only fish of the day but it was the biggest bass we have caught tn this pond.

No comments :

Post a Comment